Calabria

Availability
Brand
Price
Anno
Formato
Vitigni
Calabria

Calabrian wines for sale online at Italian Wine Selection

Calabria is a region in southern Italy washed by the Ionian and Tyrrhenian Seas, has about 10 thousand hectares under vine, and in recent years has resumed its wine-growing activity with renewed vigor by virtue of the various native grape varieties it has. Mostly black grape varieties are grown in the region, with the famous Gaglioppo in the forefront along with Magliocco canino, Nerello Mascalese, Nerello Cappuccio and Greco nero. Nero d'Avola or Calabrese is among the most widely grown grape varieties in the region, which also features white grape productions such as Greco bianco, Trebbiano, Montonico and Guernaccia. The Italian Wine Selection wine shop offers a selection of Calabrian wines that can be purchased online, scents and flavors of Calabria just a click away. In the overall production of Calabrian wines we find a good percentage of PDO wines (43%) but that of IGP wines (34%) is also not negligible, while at the level of appellations we have nine DOC and ten IGT wines.  

Calabrian wineries

The Calabrian territory in the past has provided both in Italy and abroad blended wines with intense color and high alcohol content. Black grape varieties account for about 80 percent of Calabrian wine production, while the remaining 20 percent is white. In the Cosenza area, once an autonomous DOC but now incorporated into the Terre di Cosenza DOC, we find eight well-known grape varieties, ranging from Aglianico to Gaglioppo via the various Calabrese, Magliocco, Cabernet, Greco Bianco, Montonico and Chardonnay. In the Crotone area, on the other hand, particularly in the Sant'Anna Isola di Capo Rizzuto area, five grape varieties make up the area's wine production: Gaglioppo, Greco Bianco, Malvasia, Nerello and Nocera. In the far south of the region, Greco di Bianco DOC, a renowned dessert wine, is produced. In Italian Wine Selection's carnet of Calabrian wines we find the Librandi winery. 

Why choose Calabrian wines

We at Italian Wine Selection have selected the best Calabrian wineries, putting their wines online from day one.Our marriage goes far beyond just selling wines online, we believe in every single label you will find on our site (we have been selling online for about 20 years). The ancient Calabrian peasant tradition allows different wines to be paired with various dishes, mostly earthy. Cured meats, cheeses and citrus fruits at the center of Calabria's food production, renowned PDO and PGI products such as Bergamot from Reggio, Caciocavallo silano, red onion from Tropea, Patata della Sila, and various oils such as Alto Crotonese, Bruzio, Lametia and Oil of Calabria.

0.0
In stock
22.00
CellarLibrandi GrapesGaglioppo 60%, Cabernet Sauvignon 40% RegionCalabria Size0.75l Vintage2019
0.0
33.00
CellarLibrandi GrapesMagliocco RegionCalabria Size0.75l Vintage2019
0.0
In stock
13.00
CellarLibrandi GrapesGaglioppo RegionCalabria Size0.75l Vintage2019
0.0
In stock
14.00
CellarCataldo Calabretta Grapesansonica RegionCalabria Size0.75l Vintage2021
CellarCataldo Calabretta GrapesGaglioppo RegionCalabria Size0.75l Vintage2017
CellarSpiriti Ebbri GrapesMagliocco Dolce e Canino, Gaglioppo, Greco Nero RegionCalabria Size0.75l Vintage2022
0.0
10.00
CellarLibrandi GrapesGaglioppo RegionCalabria Size0.75l Vintage2020
0.0
12.00
CellarLibrandi GrapesChardonnay 90%, Sauvignon 10% RegionCalabria Size0.75l Vintage2021
0.0
10.00
CellarLibrandi GrapesGreco RegionCalabria Size0.75l Vintage2021
CellarSpiriti Ebbri GrapesMagliocco Dolce e Canino, Gaglioppo, Greco Nero RegionCalabria Size0.75l Vintage2020
0.0
In stock
31.00
CellarSpiriti Ebbri GrapesMontonico, Greco bianco, Pecorello, Verdicchio, Riesling, Trebbiano RegionCalabria Size0.75l Vintage2021