The renowned Wine Spectator magazine, one of the world's most authoritative wine magazines, reveals its ranking of the 100 best wines in the world. Brunello di Montalcino 2018 Argiano triumphed, while Pinot Noir West Sonoma Coast Freestone-Occidental 2021 and Château Lynch Bages 2020 Pauillac completed the podium.
CRITERIA AND OBJECTIVES
Every year since 1988, the well-known American magazine Wine Spectator has published a list of the world's best 100 wines selected from the thousands of wines reviewed over the course of the year by its editors. Within the list you can find a great variety of labels, not only established regions but also emerging ones that are trying to explore new avenues. The priority selection criteria are quality, value and availability. These are applied each year to the best wines selected with a score of 90 points or more on a scale of up to 100. The well-known magazine also points out each time that the list of the best 100 wines in the world is not a wishlist but a guide to wineries to be monitored carefully and a reference point for producers.
BEST WINES IN THE WORLD 2023 - THE RANKING
- Brunello di Montalcino 2018 DOCG Argiano
- Pinot Noir West Sonoma Coast 2021 Freestone-Occidental
- Château Lynch Bages 2020 Pauillac
- Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast 2021 Royal St. Robert Cuvée
- Taurasi Radici Riserva 2016 Mastroberardino
- Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain 2019 Dunn
- Chianti Classico Riserva 2020 Marchese Antinori
- Château Pichon Baron 2020 Pauillac
- Résonance Pinot Noir 2021 Willamette Valley
- Greywacke Sauvignon Blanc 2022 Marlborough
BEST WINES SELECTION