Krug Grande Cuvée Brut - MAGNUM
nasce dal sogno di un uomo, Joseph Krug, quello di offrire ogni anno il migliore Champagne di sempre, indipendentemente dalle variazioni climatiche. Fin dal 1843, la Maison Krug onora questa missione con ogni nuova edizione di Krug Grande Cuvée: la massima espressione dello Champagne.
Krug Grande Cuvée viene ricreata ogni anno, spingendosi oltre il concetto di annata, sempre a partire da un blend di oltre 120 vini di oltre 10 annate diverse. La ricchezza dei sentori e degli aromi ottenuti da questo sapiente assemblaggio sarebbe impossibile da esprimere con i vini di una singola annata.
▪ A light golden colour and fine, vivacious bubbles, holding a promise of pleasure.
▪ Aromas of flowers in bloom, ripe, dried and citrus fruits, as well as marzipan and gingerbread.
▪ Flavours of hazelnut, nougat, barley sugar, jellied and citrus fruits, almonds, brioche and honey
KRUG GRANDE CUVÉE IS UNIQUE:
▪ Krug Grande Cuvée is the first and unique Prestige Champagne re-created every year, beyond the notion of vintage.
▪ The art of blending wines from so many different years gives Krug Grande Cuvée its unique fullness of flavours and aromas, impossible to express with the wines of just a single year.
▪ The Édition number corresponds to the number of times in the House of Krug the founder’s dream has been re-created. It also serves as a reference for collectors, to enjoy it later.
▪ The full story of every Édition is revealed online via its Krug iD, the six digits on the back label.
▪ Krug Grande Cuvée, like all Krug Champagnes, will continue to gain with the passage of time.
THE STORY OF ITS CREATION:
▪ Krug Grande Cuvée 166ème Édition was composed around the harvest of 2010, a year defined by its tumultuous climate. The year’s Chardonnays did not express their usual freshness, a characteristic which Krug’s Cellar Master Eric Lebel counterbalanced with the remarkable vivacity of the year’s Meuniers.
▪ The challenge was to enrich the blend with reserve wines from the House’s extensive library: wines from the year 2000 brought remarkable structure, while those from plots in Oger lent a generous roundness and wines from Verzy and Bouzy imparted harmony.
▪ In all, reserve wines from the House’s extensive library made up 42% of the final blend, bringing the breadth and roundness so essential to each Édition of Krug Grande Cuvée.