Krug Collection 1988
Krug Collection 1988
Per la gioia dei collezionisti del mondo intero, Krug custodisce un numero limitatissimo di bottiglie di Millesimati Krug, preservate in condizioni ottimali nelle cantine della Maison. Questi esemplari sono attentamente saggiati e valutati, in attesa di rivivere una seconda vita. I Millesimati diventano Krug Collection e rivelano una nuova personalità.
Gli Champagne Krug Collection sono un autentico esempio della sublimazione attraverso il tempo: la maturazione ne mette in luce la profondità e le molteplici sfumature. Nuovi sapori si accostano a quelli già esistenti, che hanno sviluppato una struttura più ricca.
Krug Collection è sempre una straordinaria scoperta, un capitolo essenziale nella storia di un Millesimato Krug. Krug Collection 1988 rappresenta una seconda occasione concessa dal tempo a Krug 1988.
NOTE DI DEGUSTAZIONE:
▪ Deep, intense golden colour announcing maturity, opulence, harmony and elegance.
▪ Exotic, complex nose consisting of white fruits, truffle, spices, honey, slightly browned apples and a hint of high-toned flowers, with a gentle nuttiness in the background.
▪ Long, fresh and elegant palate, it is full of sensations: orange blossom, dried figs, ripe quince, mild spices such as cinnamon and ginger combined with tones of maple syrup, dark chocolate, coffee, honey, as well as roasted notes. It has a crystal and long finish with undertones of mineral and spices.
The year 1988 alternated perfectly between heat and rain until harvest, which took place between September 26th and October 6 th . It was a year without excesses that created the conditions for a slow maturation while keeping a very high level of freshness. The result was extremely balanced grapes with a perfect equilibrium between freshness and maturity. As it was such a special year, the choice to create Krug 1988 was an obvious one.
▪ Krug Collection 1988 is the second life of Krug 1988, a beautiful Champagne of extreme elegance and refinement with perfect roundness and length. It received its cork at the end of 2017.
▪ To express the character of this year, the composition includes Pinot Noir (50%), Chardonnay (32%) and Meunier (18%) from 21 different villages in the region.
▪ Now, close to 30 years later, Krug Collection 1988 has become an endlessly facetted Champagne, giving the sensation of infinite layers of elegance, finesse and intensity. It is a truly memorable experience
▪ Krug Collection 1988 is part of the House of Krug’s unique trilogy of three exceptional years (1988, 1989, 1990) with completely different climates that resulted in Champagnes that are unique, yet all still very Krug.
▪ Krug 1988 is an expressive vintage, as opulent and sensual as the vintages of 1982, 1976, 1964 and 1947. The House of Krug decided to present this vintage after Krug 1989 and, as Krug Collection 1988, it comes after both Krug Collection 1989 and 1990.
▪ The Krug Collection bottles are numbered and leave the House in descending order, thereby revealing how many of these precious Champagnes still remain. They are guaranteed by Krug with a certificate of authenticity signed by Olivier Krug, which can be provided upon request.
- Pinot Noir (50%), Chardonnay (32%) and Meunier (18%)
No reviews found